Search This Blog

Pages

Copyright

All artwork and text is copyrighted by Frederick Gardner, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner, it is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

Thursday, September 19, 2024

The Simpsons Wikipedia - Frederick Gardner (Animator)

 

 My first job in animation was on The Simpsons. I was hired when Producers of the show walked by my desk at Cal Arts in my freshman year and left me a note, offering me to test to take as Animator. The test was to turn Skinner's Mom. I passed the test, was hired as a Full Animator (not Assistant) and never finished my second year at CalArts. Here is a link to my page in The Simpsons Wikipedia. It is not 100% accurate, there are many other contributions I made to The Simpsons while I worked for 20th Century Fox and Klasky Csupo. I will try and update this information in the near future. Some of the additional Simpsons work I did was publicity art/press photos for the Main Characters, Storyboard, Prop and Background Design for some episodes, completely animated and designed my own Itchy & Scratchy cartoon (solo), "Sundae Bloody Sunday", Character Design, Animator on several Butterfinger commercials, Animator on the second version of the Main Title for The Simpsons.

Sundae Bloody Sundae (YouTube):
https://youtu.be/AzPpkEJBJhM?si=-otsj1n9wvCBIb6R




NOTE: I (and the entire crew) won my first Emmy (certificate) for Best Animated Series working on The Simpsons.

The Simpsons Wikipedia link is here:

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Frederick_J._Gardner_III

No comments:

Post a Comment