Search This Blog

Pages

Copyright

All artwork and text is copyrighted by Frederick Gardner, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner, it is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Log Tugger


One of the many cool things about living in Oregon, is all the amazing history just laying in fields or on the side of the road. While driving on the highway, I saw this amazing old truck sitting in a field, covered in blackberry vines. After doing a bit of research, I found out this old truck was used in the logging industry as "tugger". My understanding is, it was used to pull felled trees from the woods into open fields where they could be loaded onto logging trucks.

3 comments:

  1. finally some fred on the internet. looks rad mang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you! yessss. welcome to the Cult of Bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Know! Now that I figured out how to do it, I have no time to post. When I get back to Oregon I will post a lot more.

    ReplyDelete