Search This Blog

Pages

Copyright

All artwork and text is copyrighted by Frederick Gardner, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner, it is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rockettes' Christmas Show

For a brief period in 2010, I was one of the Art Directors on the Rockette's Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall. Some of the design work I did can be seen here:

This is my rough concept for the "Gingerbread Village":

Once approved by the director of the show, I cleaned up the design to establish a style for the architecture and landscape:

After the style was established, I began work on some of the details and a floorplan of the environment for the Model Dept:




3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, you have beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Backgrounds! Do you have links to the final animations? I'm designing the back drop for a "stop-motion" and really enjoy seeing your progression from concept to final product

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not a Stop Motion production. This was designed as a 4k cg/3D matte painting for use behind performers on stage. Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete